29 October, 2008

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

It was Andropov's plaintive comment of 'where are youuuuu?' which made me realise that I haven't posted in aaaaaaages.

To cut a long story short, I've been out of the office most of the days of the past couple of weeks and my evening internet time has been spent trying to help people with various debating stuff - and sleep!

Think it may be summed up by the fact that in the past 2 weeks, I've slept for 12-14 hours in one go on to occasions! A lurgy-bug has been going around the ofice, and whilst I have been fortunate enough not to catch it, it has meant a ot more work.

I guess this serves me right because 2 weeks ago I was talking to the Partner and commenting that I often felt like I had capacity so I was given a new case - safe to say, that's no longer true....

There also hasn't been much in the news that interests me, recently. I couldn't care less about whether celebrities are rude to other people, I don't care about the American election (I was originally pro-McCain as I didn't like Obama's views on the economy and felt he swip-swapped to often, but now McCain has lost most of the stuff I liked about him and I'm still not turned on by Obama).

In fact, the MOST exciting thing was the snow yesterday. I was out interviewing witnesses so wasn't inManchester which got rain instead (unsuprisingly) so I got to see huge flakes of snow all afternoon before ebing driven through snowy countryside in the evening AND the trains weren't overly delayed by it. All in all, pretty successful.

No comments: